When it comes to methods for cleaning throughout your home, there are many different options available. One thing you should definitely consider is a central vacuum system. These are great for improving air quality and are a smart choice if you’re looking to make your home more green.
But what exactly is this system and how does it work? Find out more about central vacuum systems below and the many ways they can benefit you.
A central vacuum system, also known as a whole-house vacuum, is installed as a semi-permanent fixture in your home. The system works by removing dirt and debris from the building, and then sending the particles through tubing that’s installed in the walls to a collection container in a remote utility space. The power unit and collection container are typically installed in a basement, storage space, or garage.
In order to use it, you can just easily attach and detach hoses to the suction ports, which are on the walls in different areas throughout the house. Gary’s Vacuflo offers convenient solutions for storing this hose, such as a retractable hose system, which allows you to keep it inside the tubing in the wall. Many attachments are available as well, and Gary’s Vacuflo has options for all the different surfaces in your home, as well as extras like pet grooming tools.
You may think you’re happy enough with a traditional portable vacuum, and that it’s doing a good enough job cleaning your home. However, you should really consider going with a central vacuum system instead for a number of reasons. The benefits are numerous.
1. Installing a central vacuum system will really help to decrease your workload. You won’t have to lug a bulky portable vacuum around the house and up the stairs anymore.
2. These systems are far more powerful than a typical portable vacuum cleaner as well. They hold more, so you won’t have to clean out bags or filters as much. You should only have to empty the unit out two or three times a year.
3. A central vacuum system is much less noisy. You surely know how annoying vacuuming can be to the other members of your household, especially if you have pets.
4. Speaking of, due to its extra power, this is an especially great option for pet owners. if you have pets, you know how hard it can be to vacuum up their hair with a traditional portable model. You can spend a lot of time lugging the portable vacuum around, vacuuming up pet hair, only to have your furry friend shed all over the furniture and carpets soon after.
In fact, because of this, central vacuum systems are often found in animal clinics. And it’s not just useful for pet hair, either—they’re often used in hair salons as well.
5. Because of the way the system works, you won’t have to deal with any smell or the re-circulated dust. Re-circulated dirt and dust are especially bad because these particles can aggravate anyone with allergies or asthma.
6. Another great benefit of central vacuum systems is that they can last up to 30 to 40 years. Again, this sets it apart from a portable vacuum cleaner, which you can sometimes find yourself having to replace every couple of years.
Some people may assume that a central vacuum system can only be installed in new construction, but that is not the case. For new construction, the installation is typically a two-step process.
First, the tubing is installed in the walls, typically at about the same time as installation of the electric wiring. Then, after the flooring and cabinetry, the power unit and valves are installed. Gary’s Vacuflo also offers discounts to builders.
But you can definitely also have one installed in your existing home. All you really need are walls to put the tubing into. And the installation isn’t a hassle of a process either, and should only take about a day.
Either way, it is typically recommended for the system to be installed by a professional, though Gary’s Vacuflo also offers DIY kits.
Make sure you take the time to research the best options, so you go with the best quality systems and most helpful professionals. Gary’s Vacuflo, based in Portland, installs central vacuum systems all throughout the northwest region. Also, after it is installed, a professional should inspect the unit every couple of years. We specifically recommend every two to four years.
Having a central vacuum system installed can also increase the resale value of your home. Or, if you are a home builder, installing a system in a new construction you intend to sell can increase the value of that new construction as well. In some cases, potential buyers specifically look for places that already have these systems, partially because they are typically associated with more upscale homes.
Some may avoid central vacuum systems because they assume they will be incredibly expensive to install. However, it’s actually more affordable than many people realize. And there’s not one flat rate either. The price will depend upon the home itself, and Gary’s Vacuflo has different systems for different price ranges.
Overall, the best system for you will be the one that properly fits the layout and size of your home, as well as your budget. The knowledgeable professionals at Gary’s Vacuflo will be able to determine which option will work the best.
As you can see, a central vacuum system will offer you more convenience, a more effective clean, improved health, and the chance to make your home more environmentally friendly.
As the benefits are now more widely known, they are becoming more and more popular. If you’re still on the fence or have more questions, feel free to contact the professionals at Gary’s Vacuflo.